Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rain, Rain, and More Rain

Saturday, June 26

We awoke to some pretty heavy rain yesterday so we had to concede our plans to go play soccer and instead played some pool and Ping-Pong. It’s nice to have that option right downstairs. The rain also thwarted our plans to go hand out flyers for the end of July summer camp. I don’t know how that’s going to work out because Pastor Lindsey is leaving on Wednesday, and I believe that school is out for summer now. We’ll just have to wait and see.

In the evening we took Pastor Lindsey out to eat. We went again to that Japanese place in Dollars. He had never been before. It was quite excellent as usual! Then we did a little shopping. We try to get the big stuff (like water) out of the way when we have a vehicle around to carry it all back. We also picked up two cheap rubber soccer balls. I think one was $6 and one was $8. Though you can’t find any good soccer balls even at places like Nike and Adidas, you can find soccer cleats quite cheaply. I’m thinking about buying a pair of F-50s and Nate’s thinking about buying a pair of Predators. They’re about $60 and $70, respectively, which I believe is much cheaper than in the States.

We were planning to go to a movie in the evening, but were invited over to Josh Hong’s house for a party. Pastor Lindsey took us as it is quite far away. A girl from youth group, Dancy, also went with us. Josh and his wife, Paula, have a really nice place. We enjoyed some refreshments before playing a game, Empire, that was really neat! I’m looking forward to bringing it back to the U.S. for our youth group to play, though doubtless some people have already played it or a variant of it. We spent the last hour or two of our visit watching some funny videos on Elijah’s computer. I think everyone enjoyed them quite a bit.

This morning the rain again laid to rest our plans of soccer. It hasn’t rained in awhile though, so maybe it’ll work out for this afternoon. The evening is planned from 4 o’clock on, though (youth group practice and youth group). Looking forward to tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment