Saturday, June 19
Well I got up this morning fully intending to go running. I got all ready and was downstairs before I realized that I didn’t have a key. Since no one else was up, I didn’t feel right about just leaving the door unlocked (especially since it has a nasty habit of swinging wide open), and I didn’t want to wake my parents up by going into their room for a key, I decided to skip it. Dedicated runner that I am! I actually paid for it because I fell back asleep until 9:30 and was tired for a long time afterwards.
Before lunch and after dinner I did some work grading tests and recording questions for NETPAW. I learned later this evening that all the work we did recording questions was a waste, but that’s beside the point.
At 4:00 we met at the church. Nate and I practiced with Winters and Pastor Lindsey and another guy who played the drums. I’ll try and get a picture of his shirt uploaded on my blog. It’s a great example of people not understanding the English words on their clothing! We just about died laughing! Anyway, high school youth group started at 5 and ended at 7. After a game, Farkle, we ate a meal of dumplings and the best chicken soup I have ever tasted! Then we listened to Josh’s wife’s testimony. She did a great job! Finally, we played our four songs for the middle schoolers (who meet from 7 to 9). All in all it was a very complete day! We made lots of new friends. Looking forward to tomorrow and all that it has in store for the Beasley family!
No comments:
Post a Comment